MAXIMIZE YOUR LAPTOP’S BATTERY LIFE
Making basic adjustments can actually help improve your battery life. Here are some of the simple ways:
- 1. Unplug your laptop once it hits 100 percent. In fact, you should unplug it before that: Cadex Electronics CEO Isidor Buchmann told WIRED that ideally everyone should charge their batteries to 80 percent then let them drain to about 40 percent. This will prolong the life of your battery — in some cases by as much as four times. Wired.com
- 2. Remove or turn off external Devices: USB devices (including mouse), Wi-Fi, and/or any other devices connected to your laptop can drain your battery. Remove or shut them down when not in use. friedbeef.com
- 3. Run off a hard drive rather than CD/DVD: As power consuming as hard drives are, CD and DVD drives are worse. Even having one in the drive can be power consuming. They spin, taking power, even when they’re not actively being used.
- 4.Use Headphones / earphones: Using Headphones/earphones instead of your Laptop’s speaker can also help save your laptop’s battery life.
- 5. Power Plan : Select “BALANCED” power plan instead Power Saver
- 6. Turning down the brightness on your screen will help improve your battery life.
- 7. Keep operating temperature down: – Your laptop operates more efficiently when it’s cooler. Clean out your air vents with a cloth or keyboard cleaner, or refer to some extra tips by LapTopMag.com