You want to get your license renewed without having to pay extra? Here’s a brief summary of the License renewing process:
GET THESE THINGS READY BEFORE YOU GO
- Original License (if you have lost your license you will need a letter from Traffic Police)
- Citizenship Copy (1)
- License Copy (1)
- Photographs (3) (2 auto size & 1 Passport Size)
- Glue Stick (1) & Stamp Pad (1) (it’s available in the DOTM office. However, we recommend you to take these stationery with you; makes your work easier)
- Cash Rs. 730 (Rajaswo/Renewal Fee (for motorbikes (A) – Rs. 700, Application form – Rs. 10, Stamp – Rs.10 & Medicals – Rs.10 (Basically checks your eyes for color blindness, rest is just a formality). RENEWAL FEE DIFFERS AS PER THE VEHICLES.
At least manage 2-3 hours; application forms distribution starts at 10:15 am and ends at 2/2:30 (time differs on Friday, we suggest be there at 10:00 am)
PROCEDURES: STEPS INVOLVED IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING THE RENEWAL
- Get yourself to the Department of Transport Management, Ekantakuna.
- Buy the License Renewal Form and the Medical form from outside the Municipality for Rs.10.
- Fill up the Renewal forms (also the Names and other basic info of the Medical form) and attach your auto size photo and a stamp (available in the outside shops)
- Medical Check at Room 12: Go to the counter near the gate in the new building and pay Rs.10 for the medical, wait in line till your turn comes (Make sure you are in the right queue because there are two different queues, one for the blood test and other for general test (for renewal)
- License Verification at counter 9/10: Then you will need to verify your old license at counter 9/10 or the first floor (depends on the starting number of your license)
- Submit the Forms at Counter 3 after the license verification
- Pay the License renewal fee at Counter 4: You will then be called to counter 4 to pay (Rs.700) the renewal fee on which you will receive receipts (green and red). Anyone who wants their license info in English should say it here (meaning license issue/renewal date in AD, Birth date in AD and not BS etc)
- Printed License + an A4 sheet with some info’s to be filled at Counter 5 (Please verify if all the information are correct)
- Submit all the documents at the same counter where you got your license validity checked in Step 5 (we went to counter 10 it could be same, 9 or first floor in your case)
- They will return the green slip to you stating the date you need to pick up your renewed license. And you are done!
Note: These instructions are based on personal experience (1st September 2013); Steps, requirements may change in the future. If there is any mistake please rectify and help others, we, however, do not take any liabilities for errors.