Incense stick sparks fire at Pashupati shop

Property worth Rs 200,000 was destroyed as an incense stick ignited fire at a shop in Pashupati, KMC-8 on Friday.

The shop owned by Ramdas Baniya (38) from Basahapur of Kalaiya would sell goods for worship including the incense, police said.

The shop was completely destroyed in the fire, police said.

In another case, property worth Rs 140,000 was destroyed when a sweet shop caught fire at the Patan Industrial Zone in Lagankhel, Lalitpur.

The shop operated by Anju Gohika and Namita Agrawal had caught fire today.

Fire brigades assisted by locals contained the fires.

Investigations into both cases are underway.

Source: THT