Fire engulfs cotton factory in Dhading

Property worth around Rs. 2 million was reduced to debris when a fire broke out at the Laxmi Cotton Factory in Gajuri-1 of the district on Tuesday afternoon.

It has been learnt that the fire was caused by an electric short-circuit at around 3:45 pm yesterday.

According to the Area Police Office, Gajuri, machine building and raw materials among others were gutted in the fire.

The fire was taken under control with the help of Nepal Army, Nepal Police and locals after an hour.

The factory was registered in the name of Ganga Sagar Nepal and Santosh Rijal.

Source: THT