8yo boy dies after egg gums in trachea

LAMJUNG: An eight-year-old boy died after an egg stuck in his trachea Friday morning.

Prince Bhandari, a first grader at the Future Star Higher Secondary Boarding School in Bhoteodar of the district died after an egg stuck in his trachea, according to the Chitwan Medical College Teaching Hospital.

The hospital said the egg had blocked his windpipe obstructing his breathing process.

Local Karmada Hospital had referred the boy to the Chitwan-based hospital. The boy was declared dead in the course of treatment.

Bhandari, who was staying at the school’s hostel, had taken the egg during breakfast.

He was about to leave the hostel today for his home for a vacation.

Source: THT