The quaint hillstation of Tansen is gearing up for some thunderous trail action once again! Organized by GNARLY and Dharohar Adventures, Tansen Ultra 2015 is a three-day event scheduled for December 26th, 2015 and ready to welcome professionals and amateurs alike. There will be three main races:
DOWNHILL (Open and Elite)
URBAN CROSS-COUNTRY (Elite, Open, Women, Junior)
TRAIL RUNNING (25K, 15K and 5K)
For RACE REGISTRATION:
Whether you don’t mind a 12-foot drop or prefer to call yourself an enthusiastic walker for a noble cause, Ultra Tansen with nine different categories has something in store for everyone! Further, a handsome prize money for winners – possibly the largest sum for a one-day event – is a tempting icing on the cake, and the 5K Charity Fun Run to support social organization Prisoners Assistance Nepal (PA Nepal) and Gnarly Squadron definitely gets you karma points.
For a Noble Cause:
A short 5K Charity Fun Run in Tansen Ultra hopes to firstly commemorate the great deeds of award-winning social organization PA Nepal, which strives to shelter, educate and empower underprivileged youths; and secondly, to fund training program for youth and women in adventure sector as professional guides and races through Gnarly Suadron. With the Charity Fun Race, we seek to promote social welfare of promising youth while also developing more female professionals in the line of adventure. Currently, the industry sees next to no women guides and racers, especially in cycling, running and trekking. The Charity run is open for the entire town of Tansen and visiting spectators; of all age and gender from all walks of like to give back to the society.
Downhill biking: NRs. 2,000
Cross-country biking: NRs. 1,500
Trail Running (15K and 25K): NRs. 1,000
5K charity run: NRs. 500
*Participants in Women and Junior categories get 50% discount in registration fee
Registration fee includes:
– Participation in race
– Registration Pack
– Booklet (schedule, emergency contact #, map)
– Race bib and zip locks
– Race poster
– Energy bar
– Waiver form
– Trail map
– Lunch during race day
– Shuttle service for DH participants during seeding and final race days
– Entry to afterparty Live Music
Registration Dates: December 1 to 20
Payment deadline: December 22 (race entry and if applicable, transportation)
Online Registration Form: www.gnarlybiking.com/tansen/register
– Transportation (bus) service is provided to athletes for a nominal fee of Rs. 1,500 per person for a two-way trip (KTM – Tansen – KTM), or Rs. 800 for one-way trip (KTM – Tansen or Tansen – KTM).
– Next-of-kins and friends of participants would be charged Rs. 2,000 for a two-way trip, and Rs. 1,000 for a one-way trip.
– Booking needs to be confirmed and paid for by December 22nd
– Fixed bus dates are December 26 (KTM – Tansen) and December 29 (Tansen – KTM). We do not have fixed bus departures on other dates, in which case athletes will have to arrange local or private transportation back to their destinations.
– The buses will be comfortable and have enough space to adjust required number of bikes and luggage onboard
– Transportation will not cover lunch meal during travel
– Single, double and triple rooms as well as dormitories are available in various hotels in Tansen
– Participants will pay directly to the hotel for accommodation. Tansen Ultra staff will help participants book hotel rooms, which will be on BB plan, i.e. breakfast included.
– Hotels will be decent with standard facilities and proper toilets.
-Parking availability varies by hotels. There are several standards of hotels to choose from.
– Accommodation cost is not included in the registration fee
– If family members or friends are accompanying, participants are requested to inform us beforehand for hotels to plan accordingly
– Packed lunch provided to athletes during their respective race day/s
– Breakfast and Dinner (and lunch during non-race days) will have to be arranged by the athletes
– DH participants will receive lunch during seeding run and final race days
– There are plenty of locals restaurants and hotels in Tansen for meals
For BUS and HOTEL booking, contact:
Diwash Pradhan / 9841596366
Saria Sato Bajracharya / 9803382399
For RACE REGISTRATION:
#TansenUltra #Gnarly #DharoharAdventures