After the devastating earthquake on 25.04.2015, many people lost their shelters and worst to that rainy season is coming near. We are in constant search for an immediate, economic and sustainable shelters and have opted to build earthbag shelters for affected areas. But, we are lacking professional expertise here at the very moment for efficient guidance. Yet we decided to start this workshop to gather information, tools and techniques required to learn and teach to make earthbag shelters.Thus, we are organising this workshop in order to help people learn techniques while building earthbag shelter. We are expecting 50-100 participants, so that participants after the workshop can immediately form their groups and start making earthbag shelters to their targeted destinations.
Rational minds and constructive hands-RMCH Nepal is helping to organise this earthbag shelter workshop where:
– participants are going to see processes of making earthbag shelter
– participants can learn, teach, suggest ideas regarding building earthbag shelters
– participants will involve themselves so as to get first-hand experience on how to make a earthbag shelter from the scratch
Advantages of earthbag shelters:
-modifications as per need and want possible
Disadvantages of earthbag shelters:
-requires big (10-25 people) work force
-much physical labour
Terms and Conditions:
1. Participation is free of cost.
2. Participants are advised to gather at some specific location (yet to be finalised) to go to the workshop together.
3. We are targeting 100 participants max. with 25% participants from local area.
4. Tools and equipments are allocated just for the construction of single unit of earthbag shelter. No separate tools are handed to participants.
5. This is a small attempt to learn and train about constructing earthbag shelters on our own, so please only SERIOUS PARICIPANTS are requested to attend the workshop.
6. After workshop participants are expected to form groups and start training and implementing their skills to needed locations as well.
7. Participants need to be physically and mentally strong, as it requires much physical strength.
Location: Luvu, Lalitpur ( 10-15 mins drive from Satdobato chwok,ring road)
Duration: 2-3 days
Entrance: Free of cost (Participants self finance for food or nightstay)
Paricipants : 100 max.