On the auspicious occasion of Happy Bisket Jatra, Sadbhaw Group of Bhaktapur invites you for Newari Feast.
Where the event going to take place?
“Bhaktapur” also known as “City of Devotees” is the smallest city in the valley. The city is decorated with monuments, artistically crafted wooden architectures, temples covering with elaborated carvings and many open courtyards. On the special occasion of Bisket Jatra 2072, we are very delighted to inform you guys that we are organizing a heritage walk event on the morning of 27th Chaitra, 2072.
The heritage walk focuses on observing the hidden jewels that are uncovered and are known to very less people. The walk will help revitalize one’s mind, body and soul and will be a tribute to the artistic work of craftmen who dedicated their life for making those monuments. The heritage walk will take around 2-3 hrs to cover all areas within bhaktapur city.
At the end of the event, a Newari bhoj (Jho: Bhoye) will be offered to all the participants in a beautifully crafted courtyard. Also know as “Lapte Bhoj”, it is mostly celebrated by newar communities within the valley. A typical Newari bhoj has more that half a dozen morsels. The Newari bhoj also covers all the nutrients required by the human Body as well.
Why we are organizing the event?
– Support to students who are deprived from education because of lack of education materials and other stuffs
– Promote the Domestic / International tourism introducing the Gallis, Chowks and other attractive sites of Bhaktapur
– Flow the positive message that Bhaktapur is safe to visit and explore the mysterious streets of Bhaktapur
When is the event date?
Date: 9th April 2016
Starting Point: Bhyasi Bhaktapur (Near by Bhaktapur Municapality)
Location map of Starting point:
NRs. 555/- per person
How to joint the event?
Online Apply form:
– Heritage Walk with Professional Guide
– Briefing about the Bisket Jatra, Bhaktapur
– Cultural Dance
– Interactive Program about Bhaktapur
Whom to Contact Person for more detail: