For more details : http://www.colorsofnepal.com/egg-day/
Be a part of this photo walk. We believe in sharing our knowledge. Come click your shutter for a cause.
Hashtag for the day – #AnEggADay
Date : February 7 -2015
Venue : Basantapur — in front of Himalayan Java Coffee Shop
Gathering time : 8 a.m.
WHAT IS THE CAUSE FOR?
– When you walk across the oncology ward in Kanti Children Hospital, Maharajgunj, you will come across some of the most beautiful kids. They will definitely look at you and give you a warm welcome with their smiles. But they have their stories, and much more than that, it’s painful. They are under CHEMOTHERAPY. Due to social economic condition they are unable to get the necessary nutritional supplementation they require. Skinny hands, low weight and cries but yet them have those glittering eyes which looks for a hope to live.
Chemotherapy just acts as a mediator but it’s impossible to defeat cancer through it. They need necessary diet which is not being cover up till date due to financial problems. What do they have may concern us. Well they have “WAI WAI” “JHALMUDI” and simple “DAL BHAT”. But are they supposed to eat those? This question has always triggered in Spreading Smiles heart. Yes, they need proteins and supplements.
WHAT IS PHOTO WALK AND HOW WILL IT HELP YOU?
– Photo walk is the act of walking with a camera for the main purpose of taking pictures of things that the photographer may find interesting. It is often a communal activity organised by camera clubs, online forums or commercial organisations, sometimes in the form of a walking tour.
Since we believe that sharing makes a man perfect, we came upon this idea in order to raise awareness about how our help is needed. We will be dividing the group into 3 teams
2. Amateur and
We will be sharing our ideas how we can take photos in a correct way and will explore new techniques of the cameras.
WHOM AND HOW WILL YOUR CONTRIBUTION HELP?
– The contribution that you make on 7th February,2015 while the photo walk will be directly used for the children of Kanti Children Hospital,Maharajgunj. Necessary nutrition supplements will be bought and will be provided for the children who cannot even fulfill their basic vital diet.
WHO CAN JOIN IN ?
– The photo walk is for any body who are interested in photography. We don’t have any rules who can join in or who cannot. Any body is welcome.
WILL THE TRANSPARENCY OF THE CONTRIBUTION MADE?
– Yes, we will definitely maintain the transparency of the contribution that you make. All the details will be provided once the contribution will be used for the benefit of the children.
So here we are with a campaign “An Egg A day”.It was started by Spreading Smiles team to target the nutrition deficit. The main aim of this campaign is to provide a stable daily dose of essential amino acids that the body requires to strengthen the body and immune system, and for that , an egg is the perfect protein .Dr Kailash Jha , from the oncology department head himself suggested this approach and through his help and advice regarding the campaign has been pivotal.
Spreading Smiles team along with Colors Of Nepal and Nepalese In Photography team will be participating in “An Egg A Day Campaign“. Do show your support. A click of your shutter button will leave hundreds of children with hope that we amateur and professional photographers are trying to bring change in their live. Come let’s show the whole world, we are there for them. Lets spread smiles and colors of love through photography.
Click Your Shutter For A Cause.
Note – Spreading Smiles is not a registered social work organization, we are a group of IT professionals , teachers and doctors , that dedicate out free time to the cause of Spreading smiles where we feel required.
Contributions will be appreciated. We don’t have limitations. Your small contribution can change lives.